The Role of the
Swan River School Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The objectives of the Swan River School PTO are to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Swan River Elementary.
- Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies
- Increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculur
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
The PTO DOES
Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school
Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school
Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs
Message from the PTO
Thank you to the incredible Parent Volunteers!! Whether you help at all the events, or one, you make Swan River a remarkable school. Thank you for your continued support and dedication. The PTO meets the first Wednesday of every month at 3:30pm. All parents are invited to attend. We love to hear new ideas and share the love for our school together.
Events Supported by the PTO
- Fall Fundraiser
- Playground Maintenance & Improvements
- Warrior Palooza Family Movie Night
- School-Wide Craft Day
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Purchase New books for Library
- Christmas Dinner in a Box
- Health Screening
- Open House Chili Feed
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- Ski Day Scholarships (6-8)
- Back to School BBQ
- Chromebooks (we purchased 13 new ones this year)